Teaching & Learning with Multimedia ~ Save the Date: April 24, 2015
Dr. Victor Benassi of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at University of New Hampshire has graciously invited GSC faculty to Save the Date: April 24, 2015 (8:30 am – 3:00 pm) at the UNH (Durham) campus for a one-day conference on Teaching and Learning with Multimedia.
The conference presenters and panelists include:
- Jan Plass, PhD on Emotional Design for Multimedia Learning
- Marsha C. Lovett, PhD on Cognitively Informed Learning Analytics with Multimedia Instruction
- Mid-morning Presentation and Panel on Applying Psychological Science to Learning With Multimedia featuring:
- Lou Ann Griswold, PhD, Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy, UNH
- Adam St. Jean, PhD, Lecturer, Chemical Engineering, UNH
- Michael C. Melville, MA, PhD student, Psychology UNH
- Catherine Overson, PhD, Director, Teaching and Learning with Multimedia program, UNH Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Victor Benassi, PhD, Faculty Director, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, University of New Hampshire
The conference will feature presentations on current work on applying science of learning into multimedia commonly used in colleges and universities (good source: R. E. Mayer, Multi-media Learning, 2nd edition, Cambridge University Press, 2009). The conference will be free to registrants, with continental breakfast and lunch served. In addition, complimentary parking on campus will be provided as needed. Your only expense will be getting to and from the conference. An electronic invitation to register for the conference will be available during the first week of January.
For more information contact either Victor directly at Victor.Benassi@unh.edu or Chuck Bagley, Lecturer and Director of Faculty Development at Granite State College (603-513-1360; 888-228-3000 X 360 firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about registering electronically for this conference.