Accessing Moodle from a mobile device
Summary: If you use an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android device to connect to Moodle, you will be shown a custom version of the site designed for use on mobile devices. There are some differences between this version of the site, and the one you may be accustomed to from your desktop browser. This page covers the differences and also explains how to access the standard version of Moodle through your mobile device, if needed.
Note: This access method is not the same as the “Moodle Mobile App,” which provides very limited functionality and is not supported at Granite State College.
Steps to access:
- Open your web browser.
- Navigate to https://learn.granite.edu (note that this is a secure site; you must manually type “https” on many mobile devices.)
- Your mobile device will display a mobile-friendly login page. Enter your Username and Password, then tap the “Login” button.
- If at any time you have difficulty with the customized mobile theme, you can force the Moodle server to switch back to the standard theme by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking the link. You may then wish to zoom in to make elements of the screen easier to read.
Once you have logged in, active site messages will display at the top of the screen. Click the "Blocks" button to access your courses:
- Click “My courses” to see a list of courses you currently have access to:
- Images on course pages will be replaced with an icon:
Clicking the icon may take you to a separate page; this feature is not yet implemented.
- You can access most features of the course:
- Click individual threads in a Forum to display:
- Click "Quizzes" to take them on your mobile:
Don’t forget to scroll down far enough to advance to the "Next" question, and "Submit all" your results when done!