Your profile contains personal information that other users in GSC's Moodle can view by clicking on your name. Standard profile information includes your name, location (City/Town/Country), email address (if you chose to make it accessible), the list of courses you are enrolled in, a picture (if you choose to insert one) and your interests.
First time users need to go into their profile page and fill out the required fields. When your information changes please ensure your profile is updated as necessary.
To edit your Profile Page:
1) Go to the User Menu found next to your name in the upper right of the screen. Then, select Edit profile.
2) Your options to edit your profile are presented in 2 different screens. In the first screen you can edit:
- Your first name, email display, city, country as well as a bio (brief description of your self.)
- Your profile picture and various personal information.
Please note that personal information that you add about yourself will be available to all other users logged onto GSC's Moodle site so limit it to information that you wish to share with the GSC community.
3) Once you click on the "Update profile" button, you will be directed to a second page of options.
Summary of Recommended Profile Page Settings:
- First name*: You may edit this.
- Surname*: This may not be edited.
- Email address: The email address used in Moodle is your go.granite.edu email address. Important: this email address will be your official GSC address. For more information select Go.Granite.Email from the top menu bar.
- Email display: Allow only other course members to see my email address
- Forum Preferences:
- Email digest type: Complete (daily email with full posts)
- Forum auto-subscribe: No: don’t automatically subscribe me to forums
- Forum tracking: Yes: highlight new posts for me
- City/town* and Select a country*: Insert your location
- Preferred Language: English - United States (en_us)
Optional: There are other fields you may fill in on the bottom of the Profile Page that are optional such as inserting a user picture, list of your interests, webpage, phone, etc. Be sure to use good judgment in sharing your personal information. You can view more information and details from Moodle.org.